How do I register my computer to use DHCP?
IssueRegistering your computer's MAC address is required before connecting to the University's wired network.
Register your computer's MAC Address online
You must have a U of M Internet ID to register a device for DHCP.
- Locate your computer's MAC Address (also known as hardware address or physical address).
- Go to Computer/Etherjack Network User Agreement.
- In the Mac Addresses field, enter the MAC address of your computer. You can enter more than one, just separate each entry with a return.
- In the Internet ID: field, enter your Internet ID.
- In the Password: field, enter your Internet password (your Enterprise password will not be accepted).
- Click I agree. The confirmation page appears. It will take up to five minutes for your request to be processed.
For additional information about DHCP at the U of M, see Network Addressing.
If you are registering your computer from home you must first make sure that you are connected to the University through a VPN connection.